Grilled vegetables are my favorite way to get a boat load of veggies all in one dish.
This recipe includes a variety of vegetables, and it’s one of the reasons I like it so much. Each bite is a little different, with loads of texture and different flavors to enjoy.
Here are just a few things you can do with the leftovers: throw them on a pizza with fresh mozzarella cheese, stir into scrambled eggs, add to a bowl with quinoa, hummus, and salad greens or roll into veggie tacos.
I recommend getting a grilling basket. Don’t buy a non-stick one, as I find the grill temperatures ruin the finish quickly. I always preheat mine and spray or brush with cooking oil to make sure nothing sticks.
- 5 oz. bag baby arugula
- 1 lb red baby potato, halved lengthwise
- 2 small onion, halved lengthwise
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, woody stems trimmed
- 6 small radish
- 2–3 oz. goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup mixed sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- 2 minced garlic
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- Parboil potatoes in salted water for about 5 to 10 minutes. Potatoes should still be quite firm. Alternatively, microwave potatoes until partially cooked but still firm.
- Cut zucchini and onion into half.
- At the bottom of a large bowl with a lid mix olive oil, minced garlic, basil and oregano. Put all veggies in the bowl, put the lid on, and shake to coat the veggies with the oil mixture. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes, shaking the bowl every once in a while, or a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill basket on BBQ over medium-high heat. Add marinated potato, onion, zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Grill and stir occasionally for about 15-20 minutes or until veggies are tender. In the last 2-3 minutes of cooking add asparagus and cook 2-3 min more.
- Transfer the arugula, BBQ vegetables, radishes, seeds, dill and the goat cheese to serving platter and drizzle with olive oil. Add more salt and pepper if you need it.
- I served this salad with Greek Tzatziki dip, but you can use any kind of dip or even without it.