Write a review
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 medium onion ,thinly sliced
- 1 cabbage ( 4lb thinly sliced )
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar or agave sirup
- 2 tsp carraway seeds
- 1 tbsp hungarian paprika
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- In large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add carraway seed, cider vinegar, sugar or agave sirup , hungarian paprika, salt and pepper.Cook over medium for 1-2 minutes. Add cabbage and vegetable stock.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage are tender and almost no liquid remains, 30 to 40 minutes.
- (Make-ahead: Let cool; refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days. Reheat over medium heat, about 10 minutes.)
- You can substitute a cabbage with any other kind of….red, savour or just mix them.
Now Your Turn http://nowyourturn.ca/