Originally I wanted to do a Frittata but I’ve noticed there are no eggs in my fridge. I already sauted the onion with the mushrooms and zucchinies so half of my job was done . Then I realize I have a Stonefire Artisan Flatbread so I made a tastefull veggie loaded one instead of Fritatta.
I didn’t have time to make a flatbread dough so for now the pre-packaged whole wheat bread was more than usable.
I love the soft texture, less chewy than pizza crust, somewhere in between a pita bread and a soft wheat dinner roll. Plus it makes for a delicious dinner in a hurry.
With some green salad you can create a dinner what your family will always craving for.
- 1 Artisan Flatbread
- 3 tbsp home made or store buy pesto
- 4 large slice of swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large Vidalia onion
- 2 cup mushrooms
- 2 medium zucchini sliced
- salt, pepper to taste
- 8 mini Bocconcini soft cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven 380 F.
- Heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion and mushrooms with salt and pepper and saute for 5-8 minutes to soften slightly. Add sliced zucchini and toss to coat, cooking for another 1-2 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Set aside.
- Arrange flatbreads on a sheet pan. Brush lightly with olive oil. Divide pesto mixture among flatbreads, spreading evenly on the bread . Put a swiss cheese and after a sauted onion-mushroom-zucchini mixture.To get a better look I put a zucchini in row. Arrange 8 Bocconcini cheese on the top and put to the oven for about 20 minutes untill the zucchini is golden. Decorate with fresh basil leaves and serve warm or cold with a green salad.
- It a very good appetizer but with some salad you can make a main course dinner.