Savory, sweet, and nutty all at once, this is a salad that can be enjoyed warm or chilled.
Sweet-Potato,Baby Spinach and Farro Salad
Write a review
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium), scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup semi-pearled farro (about 7 ounces)
- Grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh dill, chopped
- 3 cup baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Divide sweet potatoes and garlic between 2 rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread into a single layer. Roast, flipping once, until tender and caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cover farro with 4 inches water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook until tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Drain; toss with remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl. Season with salt.
- When cool enough to handle, remove garlic from peels and mash with lemon zest and juice in a small bowl. Add garlic mixture, sweet potatoes, dill, and baby spinach to farro; stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with more spinach.
Now Your Turn http://nowyourturn.ca/