Steel Cut Oats With Blueberry And Dried Goldenberry
Steel cut oats are whole oat groats that have been cut into two or three pieces. They take longer to cook than a rolled oat, but have a wonderful chewiness that often surprises folks who have sworn off oatmeal. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard stories of people converted to oatmeal after a lifetime of hating it and I have to admit, I’m one of them.
That chewy texture, the creamy consistency, its nutty flavor — gets me every time and keeps me happy all morning long .
- 1 cup Steel cut oats
- 3 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp agave sirup
- 1 cup blueberry
- 1/2 cup dried goldenberry
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Bring 3 cups water, agave sirup and a pinch of salt to a boil then add 1 cup Steel Cut Oats.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer. Cover and cook 10 - 20 minutes (depending on how chewy you like your cereal). Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with milk, cream or a pat of butter.
- Add brown sugar, honey or maple syrup for sweetness.
- Add fresh or dried fruit, raisins, nuts or a dash of cinnamon.